We welcome parent involvement in the school. We believe that when we work together we can provide successful educational experiences for students.
North Oyster School has served this community since 1891 when a one-room schoolhouse was built on land donated by Parker Williams, a pioneer and homesteader. A bigger school was constructed on the site in 1912 with materials and labour donated by Parker Williams and area settlers. During World War II, North Oyster became a community hall and army barracks but the school bells began ringing once again in 1949. In 1994, extensive renovation was needed in order to accommodate the growing population. Before construction began of the new North Oyster Elementary, a group of local residents, wishing to preserve the historic building, had it moved across the road onto land donated by Parker Williams’ grandson, Bert Gisbourne. The old school now serves as the North Oyster Community Centre.
Need to get in touch with one of our teachers or staff members?
Contact Ecole North Oyster Elementary directly with the information listed below:
13470 Cedar Road Ladysmith, V9G 1H6
- Phone: 250-245-3330
- Fax: 250-245-2386